Colour in the home can be intimidating and especially if it’s a new home or your first-time decorating. Let Jamie share her experience as a respected interior designer on how to pop bursts of colour through your home for maximum effect in this Home Design: Colour 101 workshop.
You could keep using neutral colours in your home but that is not why you’ve joined this workshop. We’ll share some of the rules around colour coordination and how to add pops of colour into your home easily and effectively. You will learn how to apply different colour schemes to your interior using the 60-30-10 rule. This rule is how to use primary, secondary and accent colours in your home for maximum effect. Bland is out, colour is in AND sometimes this rule can be bent but the goal is how to make your homes colour palette balanced and relaxed.
What colours push emotional triggers and what is the psychology around using colour. The colour wheel has a lot of purpose and by the end of this workshop you will know how to use it as a tool when buying products for your home.
Interior design trends have changed a lot over the past decade along with a few of the rules. Jamie will share with you some tips on how they can be bent if done correctly.
- You can use dark colours in small spaces
- Everything doesn’t need to match
- You can make a room seem larger but only if that is your goal? Small spaces are popular
- Neutral colours don’t need to be your main colour
In addition to all the extremely useful information, tips and tools you will get by attending the Colour 101 masterclass you will also receive (all part of the fee) a goodie bag worth $60 and some delicious snacks and hot cafe drink. Amazing value in all aspects, register now, see you soon!
WHO IS HOME DESIGN: COLOUR 101 FOR:
This workshop is suitable for all the ‘Do it Yourself’ (DIY) people who want to learn about adding colour to the interior of their homes.
WHAT YOU LEARN IN THIS CLASS:
- Psychology around colour including emotional triggers
- The colour wheel and how to use it as a tool when buying products for your home
- The rules around colour coordination and how to apply different colour schemes with interiors
- 60-30-10 rule